Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ice Circles

 Today I spent my day walking the city complaining on hot it was and that I looked like a hippy. So Today I decided to post a blog about the Ice Circles that sprout up during winter
This was actually the first time any one noticed there rather cool rings
Which have marked pretty much every square inch of the canals in the old centre  of the town
As you can see people tried to throw rocks in the centres of the circles
Which some times make it look like they take the shape of old English hill forts
Or a finger digit
 I mean they look like handlines lol
Or tracks of some creature
Or just crop circles in Ice
But there's nothing mysterious about these
They are just for show
Made by something natural
 The animal don't even bother with it. Just walk all across it and around it.
Really they aren't really hard to figure out
 They where made by gasses that seep from the bottom to the ice
 Which ripple the ice during formation.
And quickly take over all the channals
And even break the ice in places.
Like here
I hope the ice circles will be back next December
So I can make more of these photo's
 And don't worry about the birds in the winter. Food enough for every duck
BTW.
Check out one of the oldest windows of Delft that hasn't been touched since it was placed.
And the chicken who went ''WUT!?!'' before attacking the students who where joking about picking up them chickens and eating them lol


Any way. Fun blog. Now I feel a bit cooled down. But its still hot here. bye :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous. Here is a cold place in winter, but is rare to see such amount of ice :( Snow? Yes, plenty. but ice...

    ReplyDelete